Why has no one thought of this yet?…
The fUTURE iS now!!
Frozen Peas from SuckUK; a fantastic piece of design as metaphor (as well as a super convenient way to make a spherical ice “cube”.
If you truly love me you will buy this for me.
ALRIGHT TUMBLR PEOPLE LISTEN UP FOR FUN SCIENCE TIME!
Sphere basically take less energy to form because of SURFACE ENERGY. Sphere have a lower surface area to volume ratio. Because of this, ice sphere melt slower than your usual cubes. This is the reason at fancy fancy bars with those $30+ glass of bourbon or scotch may serve your drink using these instead of normal ice.
shut up you fucking nerd and let me enjoy the peas in a pod ice sphere mould
dont shut up nerd, it was informative and I learned something thank you.
You heard it here first, Tumblr.
This is a set of chocolates made to look (and somewhat act) like a set of paints. Alas, this limited-edition set is only available in Japan, and it’ll run you 4,200 yen (around $43 US).
That’s probably for the best, though, because I would refuse to ever actually eat something that perfect.
CARAMEL NO. 6 oh my god *wants*
If anyone really wanted to order these and ship them to me…
I promise I wouldn’t eat all of them before I redirected them to you.
DO NOT TEMPT ME.
But I need to finish my chocolate hoard still… I WANT TO EAT CHOCOLATE BUT PEOPLE KEEP SAYING I’M FAT.
I’ve seen pictures of you, you’re not fat >:T
Unless you’re photoshopping everything you put online, which then I dunno.
I ordered this book a while ago and it just came in. It has skeletal and muscular diagrams for a bunch of mythological creatures. It even has a growth chart for a HARPY EMBRYO.
The picture above is the mermaid skeleton.
I NEED THIS BOOK.
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
1 Tablespoon canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
CREAM CHEESE GLAZE:
4 Tablespoons butter
2 ounces cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Prepare pancake batter: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk, oil and egg, just until batter is moistened (a few small lumps are fine).
2. In a medium bowl, mix butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Scoop the filling into a small zip baggie and set aside. You don’t want this to remain super-liquidy. It’s best if it becomes a consistency similar to toothpaste.
3. In a medium, microwave-safe bowl- heat butter and cream cheese until melted. Whisk together until smooth; whisk in powdered sugar and vanilla extract; set aside.
4. Heat large skillet over medium-low heat. Spray with nonstick spray. Scoop about 3/4 cup batter onto the skillet. Snip the corner of your baggie of filling and squeeze a spiral of the filling onto the top of the pancake. When bubbles begin to appear on the surface, flip carefully with a thin spatula, and cook until browned on the underside, 1 to 2 minutes more. Transfer to a baking sheet or platter and keep in a warm oven until ready to serve.
5. When ready to serve, spoon warmed glaze onto the top of each pancake.
*Keep the heat low or your pancakes might cook up too quickly. Don’t flip them until you see those bubbles starting to pop on top. Flip them with a wide spatula so you can grasp the whole thing without batter and filling dripping all over the place!
*It’s best if you pour the batter onto your skillet, wait a minute or so and then swirl the cinnamon onto the batter. That’ll give it a chance to set a little before you add the swirl.
*If your baggie of filling begins to get too thick, just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds to soften it up again. On that same note, it shouldn’t be too runny. The consistency of soft toothpaste is perfect. If it’s melty and runny, it will tend to run all over your pancakes. Once you micro it, let it sit on the counter at room temp for a while until it thickens slightly.
So basically what you are saying is that this is cinnamon rolls made with panca…
…excuse me. I’m going to masturbate. OH THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE.
holy deer jeebus my mouth. fuck, we have nothing that could amount to this downstairs and now this is all i want. fuck you tumblr and your food porn.
I can’t spell the sound I made when I saw these. I’m gonna stick with an awestruck whimper.